Hey Everyone!!! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays! I certainly did ….I woke up this morning in the mood to whip something yummy up for breakfast and sure enough I had the ingredients on hand to make these fluffy buttermilk pancakes.
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 Tbsp Honey or maple syrup
1 Large Egg lightly beaten
1-1/2 cups unsweetened Original Ripple Milk mixed with 1.5 Tbsp white vinegar (leave for 5 minutes to coagulate)
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
Cooking Spray for griddle
9 Tbsp All Fruit Raspberry Preserve
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add egg, honey, milk/ vinegar mixture, and 2 tablespoons oil; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is hot enough. Grease with cooking spray.
- Using a 2-ounce scoop or 1/4 cup, pour pancake batter. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven. Serve warm.
- For Raspberry sauce, heat the jam in a small saucepan until warmed through. Drizzle about 3-4 tsp over each pancake serving.
**Original recipe was found on marthastewart.com